The Dundalk Eagle, Dundalks community paper, I hope it stays alive. It's the only paper that posts about the CCBC Dundalk softball team. My picture was in the paper! I know, you all are jealous right? Well if this paper goes out of business I'm going to have to say bye bye to my five minutes of fame and my fire starter! We can't have that now can we? I think this paper will last at least until I'm out of college however. Dundalk is a pretty close community. Everyone knows who everyone is. Where else can you catch up on the local gossip about you neighbor? That;s one of the reasons why I think this paper has a chance of surviving. The public want to know what's happening. The older generation is not going to want to go online and look at blogs or Facebook or Twitter to find out what's happening. Until the older generation dies and this current generation becomes old, newspapers will continue to have some kind of business. Which is good for everyone working in the newspaper business. I don't think environmentalist will be too upset if the newspaper business were to die. Save some trees, that's for sure. That's the only good thing I can foresee coming out of the death of the newspaper industry. I don't read them, but I think we can all agree that we would miss seeing them around. What would we use to start our fires? What would we use to cover our tables when we eat steamed crabs? What will we use as blankets to keep us warm when the zombie apocalypse happens? Those are the real questions. That's why we need our newspapers!
Monday, September 23, 2013
Remember the Newspaper?
News papers, if they aren't good for anything they're good for starting fires and covering the table when eating some steamed crabs. If you're reading this post you probably don't read news papers and if you're one of the few who do read newspapers and blogs well you're probably in your mid 40's or 50's. Am I wrong? If we're all being honest with ourselves then we know that newspapers are dying. The only people who really buy them or read them now a days are your grandparents. Just because you read the comic strip every now and then does not mean you read the paper and it is certainly not enough to keep the newspaper alive. So which news papers are more likely to stay alive? Is it the New York Times? The Baltimore Sun or is it The good Dundalk Eagle? Well in all honesty I think they are all going to die or at least they are going to be all online. Say bye bye to your fire starters.
The Dundalk Eagle, Dundalks community paper, I hope it stays alive. It's the only paper that posts about the CCBC Dundalk softball team. My picture was in the paper! I know, you all are jealous right? Well if this paper goes out of business I'm going to have to say bye bye to my five minutes of fame and my fire starter! We can't have that now can we? I think this paper will last at least until I'm out of college however. Dundalk is a pretty close community. Everyone knows who everyone is. Where else can you catch up on the local gossip about you neighbor? That;s one of the reasons why I think this paper has a chance of surviving. The public want to know what's happening. The older generation is not going to want to go online and look at blogs or Facebook or Twitter to find out what's happening. Until the older generation dies and this current generation becomes old, newspapers will continue to have some kind of business. Which is good for everyone working in the newspaper business. I don't think environmentalist will be too upset if the newspaper business were to die. Save some trees, that's for sure. That's the only good thing I can foresee coming out of the death of the newspaper industry. I don't read them, but I think we can all agree that we would miss seeing them around. What would we use to start our fires? What would we use to cover our tables when we eat steamed crabs? What will we use as blankets to keep us warm when the zombie apocalypse happens? Those are the real questions. That's why we need our newspapers!
http://www.dundalkeagle.com/home
The Dundalk Eagle, Dundalks community paper, I hope it stays alive. It's the only paper that posts about the CCBC Dundalk softball team. My picture was in the paper! I know, you all are jealous right? Well if this paper goes out of business I'm going to have to say bye bye to my five minutes of fame and my fire starter! We can't have that now can we? I think this paper will last at least until I'm out of college however. Dundalk is a pretty close community. Everyone knows who everyone is. Where else can you catch up on the local gossip about you neighbor? That;s one of the reasons why I think this paper has a chance of surviving. The public want to know what's happening. The older generation is not going to want to go online and look at blogs or Facebook or Twitter to find out what's happening. Until the older generation dies and this current generation becomes old, newspapers will continue to have some kind of business. Which is good for everyone working in the newspaper business. I don't think environmentalist will be too upset if the newspaper business were to die. Save some trees, that's for sure. That's the only good thing I can foresee coming out of the death of the newspaper industry. I don't read them, but I think we can all agree that we would miss seeing them around. What would we use to start our fires? What would we use to cover our tables when we eat steamed crabs? What will we use as blankets to keep us warm when the zombie apocalypse happens? Those are the real questions. That's why we need our newspapers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that the only newspaper I care about is one that has my picture in it. That's one of the few uses out of a newspaper is cutting out a photo of yourself to save. Nothing else would make me buy it really.
ReplyDeleteAgree. I hope the eagle stays alive.. as conceded this may sound we only care about ourselves.. sad but true. I love reading about my old high school teams sports. I buy the eagle weekly, well at least my dad does and I actually like reading it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry I had to many typos...
DeleteOur blogs are so similar that its scary, I think most of us do agree on the Dundalk Eagle...Nicole if you can make your picture a little bigger that would be great! Foster, we should really put your picture in the Eagle since we can give everyone a heads up that Batman is in and around town. The only thing I think the Baltimore Sun is good for is the coupons and crabs too. However I do happen to read it when I am in my bathroom, but only because I am changing the paper for my dog!!
ReplyDeleteSusan
I do agree that the Eagle will stay alive because creepy photographer guy that stalks our home games will be out of a job and roaming the streets of Dundalk with a camera and nobody wants that. I'll buy the eagle just to make sure this guy has no reason to be anywhere but busy working.
ReplyDeleteI dont think it will survive just because if you are not from dunalk then you probably wont read it.
ReplyDeleteI thought your blog was funny, but it made some good points. I really like the statement when you referred to the environmentalist " save some trees." good work!
ReplyDelete